Off to see the Taj Mahal


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
August 12th 2014
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 26.9847, 78.1019

Up and out of the hotel by 5 am to catch the train to Agra. It was a nice, fast train for the 2 hour trip. We arrived and headed off to Agra Fort. We had a guided tour of the fort and and it was very interesting. From the fort we had our first glimpse of the Taj Mahal. Beautiful even from that distance.
We then visited a carpet place that made handmade carpets. The average carpet takes six months to make depending on the size. It was interesting to see how they are made and all the pretty designs. We then headed off to our hotel to relax before heading out to see the Taj Mahal. It was breath taking to see the Taj Mahal as it is more beautiful than we ever expected it to be. It was a dream come true to see it and spend time in such a beautiful setting.
We returned to the hotel to change for dinner and then took a tuk-tuk to a nearby restaurant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



17th August 2014

Looks amazing. How's the food been treating you?
17th August 2014

Love the picture in front of the taj mahal
19th August 2014

Hi Pat and Jim, well I finally made it on your blog. Sounds like you are having a wonerful time the pictures are great. Can't wait to here more.
22nd August 2014

Pat and Jim. We am so happy for you to be at the Taj Mahul. That photo looks amazing!!!! Love Linda and Geoff.
29th August 2014

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. We miss you in Atenas!
31st August 2014

Fantastic! Honored the two of you let us share these great moments with you. Keep on capturing....
19th September 2014

We enjoyed some amazing food. Thanks for checking out our blog.
19th September 2014

It was an amazing trip. Thanks for checking out our blog.
19th September 2014

We are now home safe and sound. Glad you enjoyed our blog.
19th September 2014

We are now home safe and sound. Thanks for checking out our blog.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb