Bharatpur to Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Bharatpur
April 4th 2008
Published: April 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Face of Jaipur.Face of Jaipur.Face of Jaipur.

This little fellow was the star attraction at the monkey temple. We nicknamed him Prince Charles.
After leaving Agra everything would probably seem a bit mundane. Or so we thought. Welcome to the Monkey Temple. Unreal! Hundreds, no thousands of cute little grey monkeys who would eat right out of your hand. And then pick your pockets. The real name of the temple is Galta Sun Temple but because of the number of simians it's know as the Monkey Temple. It is an interesting temple in many other ways. There are 2 bathing pools, one for men and one for women, monkeys can use either. The temple is situated in a narrow valley and the buildings seems to be carved out of the rock face. Definitely worth the drive.

After the Monkey Temple we drove off to Jaipur. A town with 2 forts and lots of Palaces, monuments and other assorted temples.

The Jaiger Fort was uninspiring but the residences beside it gave a real insight to how people lived here 300 years ago. Tiny rooms and short doorways were a hint as to how small the people were back when it was built. The best part of the residences was the rooftop. Accessed by a set of narrow stairs you came out to a
On the road to Jaipur.On the road to Jaipur.On the road to Jaipur.

Heard of camels. Of course we've heard of camels, seen lots of them too. Including the baby of the herd.
view that would have enthralled the most jaded prince. What a wonderful way to end the day, watching the sun retreat over the nearby mountains.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Monkey Temple.Monkey Temple.
Monkey Temple.

There are loads of monkeys here, trust me.
Jaiger Fort in Jaipur.Jaiger Fort in Jaipur.
Jaiger Fort in Jaipur.

Lots of rocks on top of a big hill.
Jaiger Fort IIJaiger Fort II
Jaiger Fort II

Another shot of the fort.
The floating palace in the Pink City.The floating palace in the Pink City.
The floating palace in the Pink City.

It is really a miracle how they keep this palace floating on the lake.


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb