Delhi and the Taj Mahal.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
April 3rd 2008
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Face of DelhiFace of DelhiFace of Delhi

There were some strange goings on at the Delhi / Uttar Pradesh border.
Well, after a week of blissed out heaven on a beach or two, we jetted off to Delhi. Delhi was everything that we thought that it would be. Crowded, chaotic and crappy. Got in and got back out again, asap.

The one good thing that we did was we booked a driver for our trip to Agra and our tour of Rajistan. He'll be our guide for the next 8 days.

The drive down to Agra was both dreary and exciting at the same time. We drove through kilometers of endless urban sprawl followed by endless industrial buildings but we were going to the Taj Mahal. Finally we arrived in Agra.

As we neared the monument and first saw it in the archway, it took your breath away. The closer you got the better it looked. I could hardly drag myself away from it.

I just can't say anything that would capture the place in words. So I'll leave it there.

On to Rajistan and the desert.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Lesleygirl in Delhi.Lesleygirl in Delhi.
Lesleygirl in Delhi.

The Delhi Capital buildings were quite impressive. That's pretty much where good impression ended.
First glimpse of the Taj Mahal.First glimpse of the Taj Mahal.
First glimpse of the Taj Mahal.

It glittered like a jewel in the sunlight. Just that first sight was fantastic.
In all it's glory.In all it's glory.
In all it's glory.

Words are not enough.
Proof we were there.Proof we were there.
Proof we were there.

Two Swedish tourists took our photo.
Even better close up.Even better close up.
Even better close up.

Again, nothing that I can say will suffice.


3rd April 2008

no comment really
Hey you two!! It sounds like you're having a blast of an adventure! I'm glad you're sharing it. Are you allowed inside the Taj? The desert should be interesting. Isn't that place you mentioned the border with Pakistan? Anyway, have more fun! Connie P.S. The snow has practically melted away, and now there's so much crud on the ground.
3rd April 2008

Hey Les and Les, it looks like you are having a great time. We're working like crazy and stressed out, but whenever I need a break I just check out your blog and photos, they look great! See you soon, Ed
4th April 2008

Love the pics.
enjoy all the pictures, keep sending them, I follow your journey with my atlas.Taj Mahal seems superb. love Mum.

Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb