I have arrived in hell!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Orissa » Bhubaneswar
January 23rd 2008
Published: March 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After the whole chaos of getting to the train station and finding the platform we arrived in bhubaneswar, it was 10pm and ofcourse we couldnt find anyware to stay, apparently everywhere was full as there was a dotors confrence so after 2 hours of trawling the streets getting hassled to take a tuck tuck and also stared at alot we found another grott box room! its was more expensive thanb normal and equally a discusting as before, however we had no choice and was worn out with traveling.



again this place looked like something that had just been blown up, everywhere was like walking though a building sight, it was dirty, smelly and chaotic. Spent a day at the zoo which was surprisingly ok for asian standards, tried to go to the sun temple but ofcourse it was not possible!



jade couldnt buy cigs, impossible! she could see them but the man wouldnt sell then to her, eventually after visiting a few stands she managed to buy one packet (for some reason she couldnt have 2, and the man insisted giving her an open packet...no thank you...crazy people)



then



we finally find an office that say tours...however they have no tours, no information and no maps, they send you in the wrong direction and tell you there is nothing to do in the city! really after searching for something to do we gave in and sat in our grott box!



The food is good though, went to a restraunt, ovcourse coulodnt get a beer that was far to complicated, enjoyed our meal with the resident RAT. Shortly after i started to feel sick and about an hour after that i was projectile puking and the shits, awfull especially when indians dont use toilet roll they use their hands to wipe their arse so ran out of napkins i had aquired fairly fast, was in abiot of a dilema as jade was asleep had to time the shits and sick, then run down the stairs to try and find some loo roll, ended up in the doctors having injections and loads of tablets, everyone was staring at me and the doctor was asking me at the top of his voice in from of everyone how many time had i had diorea...great!



got stuck in the grot box as was to ill to leave that day despite spending 3 hours the previous day in various queues at the train station trying to get a ticket so jade has to go through the whole comotion of getting train tickets for the next day again, have learnt a valuable lesson about india you have to be rude and pushy to get anyware like the rest of em!

anyway blar blar blar, i dont know about incredible india i havent seen anything incredible so far only poverty,chaos, a burnt out bus and lots of dirty things!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb