choo chooing through the aruka valley


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka
January 28th 2008
Published: March 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Jade and i are now trying to find some peace and quite so we booked into a place called jungle bells in the aruka valley. The train trip through the eastern ghats is supposed to be fantastic! had a real amazing train ride sitting in a carrage with an indian family who fed us all the way, unfortinutley for me i wasnt eating after the being sick insident but jade was having the time of her life. Now obviously by now you have the picture that nothing is staright forward here so its not surprising when i tell you we missed our stop by about 2 hours and had to take to bus back another 1 and half hours to our destination, it was a nice scenic trip though so made a 6 hours trip that was supposed to be 2 all the more worthwile....(ps indian people are crazy when the train goes through the tunnel they all scream... its like being at alton towers)



Spent the night in the forest, peace and quite at last, watched a tribal dance and in the morning went trecking in the forest and to see a tribal comunity.




Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb