Day 20 - flight 3 - from Kochi to New Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
October 3rd 2008
Published: October 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Had a great sleep last night and it was so good to be able to wake up naturally and not with an alarm. Had a pleasant morning reading the paper and flicking through the TV before getting showered and packed. Left bags at reception and had a yummy chicken supreme pizza with extra cheese at pizza hut for lunch. Sarah was still a bit wary of food after not feeling well so felt more comfortable having pizza hut as her first proper meal to get over the fear of eating incase it makes her feel ill again.

Had a wander along MG Road then returned to the Grand for our cab to the airport. Bumped into Chandra at reception so chatted to him for a bit before setting off for Kochi airport. The woman at security asked if we were sisters, hadn't thought before that we looked that much alike. Flight was of course 30m late departing but was otherwise fine and we picked up our transfer at Delhi no problem - only one exit.

Was about 9pm when we arrived at the hotel so checked in and ordered a snack to the room. When everyone got back from dinner we met the group leader Sanjay who just asked if we were okay and said we'd go through everything tomorrow morning at 8am. Met Nell who Natalie is sharing a room with. Nell is from Holland and Natalie also informed us that there is a German and an Australian girl who are sharing but didn't know each other before. Poor Peter is the only guy except for Sanjay. Nell was supposed to be traveling with a friend but her friend hurt her ankle badly before leaving so couldn't come. Would be gutted if that had happened (or does happen) to me or Sarah!

Loving the beds in the new hotel - they actually have bounce - luxury compared to the bricks from most others. Need to see about leaving some luggage here while on the tour and also about booking a room for our final night in Delhi post tour before flying to Kolkata.

General thoughts for today




Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb