Day 19 - last day in south India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
October 2nd 2008
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Can't believe been up since 5.30am! Was not pleasant, just rolled out of bed, into clothes and went. Dozed a bit on the mini bus and really couldn't have managed an Indian breakfast when we stopped - had some cashews and then the Ooty chocolate. The roads were quiet, probably due to it being a public holiday as its Ganhdi's birthday, so arrived at Coimbatore an hour early.

Decided to pass time in an internet cafe as it was really hot just sitting outside the travel place. Not much better in the internet cafe but still a little better. Checked bank account somewhat nervously, but was okay. Had been paid which is always good. Wanted to upload more pictures but the computers only had floppy disk drives! Tried to respond to Lindsay's email but the keyboard kept not working so gave up half way and just sent what had managed. The coach was comfortable enough but the fans that were attached by the seats didn't actually work - surprise surprise. Just got some poppadoms on the lunch stop and finished the chocolate which was starting to melt. Waiter in the restaurant had a really bad fall that looked painful and he got the food he was carrying all over himself, poor guy!

Total journey was about four and a half hours and we were back in the Grand Hotel and got the luggage we had left 😊 Had a wonderful shower, put on fresh clothes and sorted out my bags - very tight squeeze to get all in rucksack! Definitely will be sending things home before leaving India.

Went out to get some more cash and the first machine we went to got to the point where I'd confirmed the amount and then the screen went back to the start - strange. Went to a different one we had used before that was fine but will have to check online to make sure I wasn't charged for the first one when the money didn't come out.

Had our last supper with everyone and were not too sure how tipping our guide Chandra worked but just followed Peter and Susan's lead, and Sarah and Natalie and myself gave him something together. We got our airport transfer sorted and then came back to the room and watched TV. Looking forward to tomorrow's lie in - glad we don't have an early flight like Peter Susan and Natalie who are all doing the north part too.

General thoughts for today




Advertisement



6th October 2009

you missed many good places in kerala
hi friend i am from kerala, i think u missed many good places in kerala. you hadn't visited central and north part of kerala the main places are vayanad, silent valley national park. if you like rainy forest . you have to visit vayanad and shiruvani. you cant find these places from tour operators.
6th October 2009

limitations
Thank you for your comment, I realise there is much that was missed would have loved to see more of Kerala (and the rest of India) but as this was part of a round the world trip we were limited for time and money. The tour meant we could fit in as much as possible in little time. Maybe one day I will be able to go back, spend some more time exploring, and visit Vayanad and Shiruvani.

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb