"You're from England? Ah. Lovely Jubbley!"


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
September 26th 2008
Published: September 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our Trip!


Good evening/afternoon blog readers!

So this is the final blog from India! Absolutely gutted and it's gone far too quickly! We had a mental day of travelling yesterday. We got up at 7am and got a rickshaw to the bus stop 1km away for 30Rps and then we got a bus to Trivandrum which is about 100km away for 34Rps - doesnt really make any sense. We then got a plane from Trivandrum to Chennai and then from Chennai to Delhi before getting a taxi to our hotel for 200Rps.

The flight to Delhi was absolutely epic. We were with Jet Airways and basically treated like royalty. We had TVs with a massive selection of films and we got fed constantly. It was only a 2 hour flight too! The Trivandrum-Chennai one was on some rickety old propellor plane and we had this horrible snorting man sniffing every 2 seconds behind us. After an hour of it we were pretty much running off the plane.

We arrived at our hotel at around 9pm and were pretty tired after over 12 hours of travelling. India looks amazing from the air by the way! We got a better room than last time but still the same price - one of our cheapest at $4 a night.

This morning we woke up in time for the breakfast provided. We ate it on the rooftop and had milk and cornflakes for the first time! We then walked to Connaught Place (where one of the bombs went off last week). Unsurprisingly there was lots of security and we couldn't go to the park in the center. We had a look around and went through a few markets. It's quite a nice area but we kept getting hassled to go to State Emporium shops!?

After that we walked to India Gate which was pretty spectacular. It was the middle of the day and we found out a while ago (at 4pm) that the temperature was 43.4 degrees so it must have been nearer 50 at midday! We stayed in the shade though and we're now pretty acclimatized so it wasn't too bad! We walked back and had a McDonalds (the entrance had a posh looking security guard outside it so we're presuming having a job at McDonalds here is quite a good job rather than the perception at home!).

We got back to the hotel for a quick rest before going out to do some shopping with our saved up money! The Main Bazaar just outside our hotel has some cracking markets and we've bought loads of things for hardly any money. We'll reveal all our stuff when we get back! We're going to splash out for a meal tonight since it's our last! Our plane leaves tomorrow at 8am and we arrive back in England at 1:30pm (6pm Indian time).

Thanks for reading the blog with particular thanks to the 4, yes thats right, FOUR subscribers! Amazingly, only one member of either of our families has subscribed (cheers Dom)! Haha. See you soon,

Tink And Laura xxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



27th September 2008

http://theworldbeaches.blogspot.com/
I like your blog and as it contains information related to england that is particular countary its good.
27th September 2008

Sozzard
I don't even know what subscribing is!!?? So I am not to blame for the lack of subscribage at this end of the family! Didn't sound like there is much space to fit an elephant in those rucksacks then? shame. I'm glad ONE of us has been on a scooter without falling off and scraping off the right side of our bodies! Good work dearest! :) Ah well seeing as though you are now somewhere over central asia or something right now, there's no point of me saying have a good journey but what the heck. Have a safe journey! Love you shmoobyface :P

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb