North and south indian tour


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » Delhi
September 3rd 2009
Published: September 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi, My tour starts in Delhi which is the capital city of India steeped in history.It was the magnet which drew the Mongols. Turks, Persians, Afghans, Mughals and the British all of whic contributed to its glorious and turbulent past.The fascination with Delhi was such that even though it was abandoned many times its rulers returned to it again and again rebuilding it at least seven times. Today the twin cities of Old and New Delhi still intrigue Indians and tourists alike as the cultural and political capital of the largest democracy in the world.

On our arrival at midday and after a short nap we visited the Swami Narayan Temple or better known as akshardam bulit by the Gugerathi community. It is something out of this world with its beatiful sandstone buildings with carved murathis all over. The temple was built in honor of Swami Narayan a leading religious icon of yesteryear who did a lot for the community. It will take better part of a day to visit this sprawling Ashram. One has to visit the ashram to appreciate it.

By the way you are not allowed to photograpgh or take any electronic equipment inside the Ashram.

I will keep up updated



Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb