Turbulant Skys Lead To Chilled Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » Delhi
August 4th 2008
Published: February 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So my wonderous and cheap hotel in Mubai has a kikc out time of 8am so it was an early riser and i flilled up on as much breakfast as i could to sustain me till i got to Delhi and then got a taxi and forntunately i got a taxi early as on the way to the domestic airport the taxi had a puncture and the cabbie had to change it.

I eventually got to the domestic airport and what a difference it is from the international airport, the domestic airport is nice and clean and modern. well checked in extra and as anything in asia the flight was running late and then we had the worse turbulance i have experinced but i remained chilled as i have lost count how many flights ive now had in my life and i have never had any issues with flying, it honestly feels ok to flying through the air in arounded tin box with wings.....lol.

So i got a taxi and amanged to get across the details of my hotel and i looked out the window and everything i saw so much more clean and tidier than mubai, its like mubai is the arsehole of india and delhi is the jewel, hey its got rubbish around and drivers from the stevie wonder school of driving but it seems so much nicer than mubai.

Got to my hotel and its not bad for what im paying bearing in mind im paying for three nights what i paid for one night at the hotel in mubai, the hotel here has an internet cafe and is in a crazy little bazaar so maybe if i have cash left some last mintute shopping before home and the is a roof top terrace cafe. I was going to do some exploring after checking in but hey its the rainy season and it started raining...hehe.

I did go out and walked to conaught circle which is full of shops like nike and reebok and like the rest of india is a contrast to the dirty and smell and rubbish etc, i ended up booking a coach trip to the Taj Mahal for the next morning.

Next morning i was up early and of course this was wasted effort as the bus as per asia was not on schedule and the bus was mainly full of Indian tourists, after various stops and chatting to a nice brazillan couple on the bus we got to the taj mahal and it was worth the hellish bus journey although foreigners pay 38 times more than Indians to visit. On the way back the bus kept stopping and the Indians kept eating and they were no offence middle clas indians and rather large...lol.

Eeventually back to the hotel for 2am and i awoke at 11.30am the next day and visited serval of the gate arches in old delhi and the mermorial gardens for gandi and his sons and Neru and then the Red fort which was another example of amazing Mughal architecture and i visited the jasmid mosque and it was prayer and so i only saw the outside and i got soaked in the deluge, as money was running low i missed out on the agra fort when i went to agra to see the taj mahal, but having seen photos of the agra fort interior it was not as good as the red fort.

I met a cool aussie while getting dinner that night and then the next day i was up at 4am for my flight back to the uk, check in etc went without hitch and i was sat next to a nice canadian couple which help pass the flight plus some rum and cokes, i got back to blighty and it was surreal being back and i got moneyout and they have changed the twenty pound note...it looks like monoply money now...lol.

I got the tube to Kings Cross and then a national express train to peterbrough and the train had free wifi, but the train prices have shot up. From peterbrough a train to sleaford and on the train i met a nice bangldesh man and we chatted and he let me use his mobil to call my folks for a pick up and from sleaford i went to metheringham and was picked up there, i was tired but stayed up most of the night chatting to my mum.

Today i was sorting out paperwork to claim for my camera stolen in south america and moving cash round in accounts and i then need to book a flight to denmark to start my new life.

Advertisement