Day 27 - Pune, India - Traditional Hindu Wedding


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Pune
April 26th 2012
Published: April 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday arrived and we were so excited, we had a traditional Hindu wedding to attend. You can imagine the rush to get all of our traditional wedding clothing, it was a nightmare, especially for me as everything was in Asian sizes so an XL is a L and so on.

We arrived at around 8.30 pm to a beautiful outdoor arena near the military base in Pune and WOW, there were hundreds of people there. The minute we arrived we were sat down and food and drinks were brought to our table. Then a man arrived and wrapped a traditional Hindi Head dress on me and John. This is a mark of respect in there religion and we were welcomed in to the crowd as if we were a member of the family.

The Bride and Groom looked fantastic with their lovely attire with some tremendous work adorned on them. We were invited onto the stage to have our photographs taken with the happy couple, it was great.

After that we settled down to a vegetarian meal, which tasted absolutely fantastic and then the dancing started, yes you read right Dancing. They had me jumping around, water and money getting thrown around, it was a great atmosphere, I did not want the night to end and that was without a drink lol.

We ended up back at the apartments absolutley knackered, not even a night cap. I have got to say, again, this was a fantastic experience and I will probably never experience that again.

Mohan leaves for the UK tomorrow which is going to be quite sad as he has become one of my best mates whilst I have been here, but still 2 weeks for me which means more adventures, more photos and more laughs.

So keep following and I will be sure to blog some more..............................


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb