Christmas - ABD


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Panchgani
December 26th 2008
Published: December 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Christmas Eve 2008. The first for Andy and I, has been a real blend of cultures. We have been living here on Asia Plateau for the last few days with Bek, Adam and Belle, Anjali and Tim, the Browns who are a part of our extended family and a handful of interns from all corners of the world. From Russia, Taiwan, Tibet, Darfur, Kenya, Vietnam, Nagaland, Assam, Switzerland, Germany, Korea, Australia and Cyprus (that would be me) all of us enthusiastically celebrated Christmas Eve and went on to play a game of cricket (for many a first) on Christmas Day.
The Browns, Tim, Andy and I all gathered on Jean and Mike’s double bed on Christmas morning to open all the gifts Santa had dropped off for us. Anabelle was soon burried under the mountains of toys and clothing, being the only child in both families and on Asia Plateau, she was completely overwhelmed by the end of the day.
Breakfast was such a treat, with fresh pineapple smoothies and fruit ( a real treat as we have been eating curry for the last X amount of days)
I not only survived a game of cricket, I also hummed the Cypriot national anthem as requested, both in the same day!
Sitting under the blooming white Bugainvillea, we enjoyed our Christmas Lunch: Paneer Masala, Rice and vegetables before heading to town for a quick strawberry run. We just about made it up the Plateau when Tim and Adam joined Anjali, Andy and I for a bit of Xmas celebration of our own while Bek and Anabelle where working hard in the kitchen, preparing a yummy pizza’s, momo’s, and SALADS!! with the interns.
We all gathered in the community room, decorated with Christmas candles and a big Christmas tree to receive Santa - Adam (Belle said: “That’s not Santa! That’s just daddy!”) who brough a gorgeous Indian Barbie for Anabelle (she wears a little red sari and everything!)
The night ended with a Bonfire. As we all sat around in a circle singing, I looked up and saw the sky. It was filled with millions of stars. I miss my friends.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.35s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb