Visiting some spiritual places in Maharashtra: Shirdi, Nashik, Trimbakeshwar


Advertisement
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Nashik
January 7th 2016
Published: January 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

After 4 nights in Aurangabad Nina had recovered. She still felt a bit weak, but we decided to move on. Our next destination was Shirdi. We wanted to visit the world famous Sai Baba Temple. From the shabby and chaotic bus terminal in Aurangabad we tried to get a local bus to Shirdi. First we had to wait for 1 hour to final find a bus. Nothing is written in english and people only speak Marathi, th... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 70, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

the source of the holy Godavari Riverthe source of the holy Godavari River
the source of the holy Godavari River

the saddhus made an abishekam for us



28th January 2016
cheeky monkeys on the way up to Brahmaghiri Hill

The sweet side of India
I've been in Bolivia and out of wifi range, so I missed your trials, but I'm so happy that today, I could read of your wonderful experiences with kind people and many blessings at temples and with the saddhus. It's so amazing that people can be so rude and pushing when they are in holy places. This also happens down here at festivals, so I often avoid them. May you both continue to feel well, meet kind people to usher you into temples and find serene spots to meditate. Namaste!
28th January 2016
cheeky monkeys on the way up to Brahmaghiri Hill

sweet India
Thanks Tara! Life and especially the "traveller's life" is like a rollercoaster: there are amazing experinces and awful experiences. Hopefully, tha amazing one's outnumber the rest. ;-) We also hope that you have an amazing time in Bolivia. We love this country although quite some time has passed since our last trip to South America.
30th January 2016

Great post and pictures
Thank you for posting, your blog is very interesting to read. I had similar experiences in India, the pushing and shoving in a holy place, and in the end finding out that you can also enter much more peacefully in the back way. I'm glad to hear you finally met with Sai Baba - well done! Reminds me what a spiritually awesome place India is. The bus journey also rang true too! All the best with your travels, safe journey!
1st February 2016

hustle and bustle
Oh yes, the hustle and bustle can really get out everything of you sometimes in India and one starts to be unfriendly. You need a lot of patience when travelling here and just surrender. Some days it is easy - other days it is more difficult. Good to hear you had the same experience.
3rd February 2016

Chaotic Bus Terminals
Time and time again....you've talked about chaos, and the chaotic ambiance in India and yet it is a country you travel to time and time again. The bus system in India is hit and miss. As we travel around the world it seems many have learned English and it bridges the great divide. Some pockets of the world have little command of English and we love that. The struggle to use the universal language. We rejoice in that. Good people all around the world. You seem to be on a spiritual path and India affords you those things.

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0767s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb