Sometines it's good to take advice......


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Nashik
March 7th 2008
Published: March 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Shiva carving at Elephanta IslandShiva carving at Elephanta IslandShiva carving at Elephanta Island

Check out all the orbs - lots of spirits here!
Hello everyone

Firstly a massive appology to our mothers for not wishing you a happy mothers day last Sunday things were very manic so....

Happy mothers day !!!!!!!!!!!!xxxxxxxx

Ok well when we last left you we headed to Chowpatty beach, and we're pleased to inform you that we're still alive and well adter sampling the street food....it was delicious, (we were very selective though so dont worry, we're being careful!)

The dorm's were "interesting" - Say no more! The next day was spent lugging our backpacks around, and a trip to Elephanta Island, where the were hand carved caves and lots of cheeky monkeys - one of them robbed Dan of his water and managed to unscrew the lid all on his own!!

Then was the journey to Nasik, which began with a local train - an experience we decided never to repeat, especially with our huge backpacks.........As the title suggests, we were advised to use the slow train, but we refused as we thought they were only after our seats!! Well, the fun began as we drew into the station and people were scrambling to get on, even before anyone had got off.....we litterally had to fight for our lives in order to get through the crowds - and the people behind took pitty and were pushing us too....Nic nearly lost and arm and her bag while Dan powered his way off and tried to pull her through!!!

Arrived in Nasik, 10.30pm, no english text anywhere...Eeeek! Found our way in the end, thanks to a bit of friendly guidance!!

Nasik is everything about India all in one place......Colour, religion (V important here, this is the home of temples and where they come to cleanse their soul in the river) noise (oh yes the noisiest place ever!) pollution, population and utter beauty - so much so that it bought Nic to tears!! Time well spent here, but we had to move on......

We are now in Aurangabad, where we will visit Ellora caves (all handcarved) and the surrounding areas...so more on this in our next blog.

Ooh, and today we booked our train to Goa (What a palava, but managed it in the end!)........So until our next update, Lots of love, Nic and Dan.xxxxx

ps. Dad Walton, you will never guess how handy the leatherman has been so far !!!!! priceless
Pesky MonkeysPesky MonkeysPesky Monkeys

This is the monkey that robbed Dan
piece of travel kit !!!!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



7th March 2008

Excellent!!
Lovin' the updates!! It's still hard to imagine that you two are getting up to all of this while we're all still in the grind back here. Looks like you're having a great time, well deserved. Keep us updated. See ya soon!!! Ryan

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 25; qc: 117; dbt: 0.1268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb