CST station


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
December 31st 2008
Published: December 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday morning we decided we should catch a train to Mumbai Central to book the next leg of our journey. We walked down to CST Central (India's busiest station) and checked out the amazing architecture, carved gargoyles, stained glass and pillars. We bought a ticket to Central and wandered up and down multiple platforms trying to work it out. Finally a ticket inspector told us we needed to catch a train to Dadar and switch to the western line,this sounds a lot easier than it was. Dadar is a long way out and has several platforms on different lines. We of course chose the wrong one...twice and had to climb up and down a serious of stairs and bridges packed with commuters and market sellers until eventually we found the right train just as it left. Thankfully the next train arrived about 2 mins later and the rest of the trip was fairly straightforward.
We booked a sleeper train ticket, with some difficulty to Ahmadabad on the 1st of Jan departing 9.40 at night and arriving 6am which is still really dark here!!

A picture of the outside of the station is in our last blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



1st January 2009

asmacdowell@gmail.com
the station looks nice
8th January 2009

How frustrating is it getting the wrong trains in foreign countries! arrrh!

Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb