Mumbai is a breeze


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
August 30th 2007
Published: August 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello! or namaste i think i need to say now. well we finally made it to india after about 20 hours travelling, now sleep, dodgy spicy food on the aeroplane, and scary turbulance desending through giant monsoon clouds! plus after all that we had been told horror stories of mumbai airport and how it would take us at least 4 hours to get through passport control with no aircon, and then at least another 2 hour drive to where we wanted to go..... but how wrong was that! we passed through customs straight away and before we knew it we were in a taxi heading to our destination - although it was rush hour through mumbai centre and they do NOT have any rules of the road! we witness a few crashes and nearly had some ourselves but we got there in the end! found a very pleasent hotel indeed very easily - looks shabby from the outside but rooms are clean we gave a shower and aircon all for 600 rupees! so as we chilled out in our room for a bit reading up on the city the beastly monsoon rain all of a sudden stopped and we ventured out.
Jain TempleJain TempleJain Temple

me being religious...and proably very offensive!
mumbai is a busy city but we have not witness any (well not much) hassle so far and are looking forward very much to see what the rest of the city has to offer! who says cities in India are a nightmare....Mumbai is a breeze...!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb