Trivandrum: get me out of city hell!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Trivandrum
September 1st 2007
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

oh my god i cannot cope anymore....! yesterday we flew from Mumbai to Trivandrum...again with a very near death experience trying to land through monsoon clouds - this one was worse! so we thought 'oh yes the south will be chilled' as flew over acres and acres of coconut palms and backwater rivers...but how wrong we were! as soon as we landed the monsoon heavens opened and drenched us completley!
we arrived in trivandrum, we wanted to do the cheap option and travel by local bus for Rs5 but we couldnt find the bus station and the roads were soon flooded to almost knee high with monsoon waters, so a autorickshaw took us into town for a more expensive fee of Rs50!! thats almost 60p! drving into town the roadsd were more busy and hectic than mumbai and then to top it off we had a mission to find a hostel as there was some sort of festival just finishing and there was no room at the inn! after sweating profusley with our heavy backpacks on we came across a joyous haven known as greenlands hotel! which is both posh and cheap - hurrah! joy!
that stressed us out so we had a sleep. then come evening we found the only bar in town, which was full of indian men - it was like walking into a western cowboy saloon and the music screechde to a stop and everyone stared! aparantly women rarely go there...but we had fun and the locals seemed to enjoy our company! the tipple of the evening was a lovley larger known as Royal Challenge...and thats exactly what the whole bar experience turned out to be!
the next day, with a slight hangover we took in some sights of trivandrum, inc a big kick ass temple and some museums and art galleries - we wanted to go to the zoo but it was closed due to technical difficulties...?!
in summary Trivandrum sucks and no wonder everyone just passes through. were going to the beach tomo yey! cant wait to get away from the horrible hustle and bustle of the cities!
bye for now x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb