Mumbai to Home


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
February 21st 2018
Published: March 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Early start, woken by the shrill alarm clock, ugh. Breakfast coffee, mango juice and a cake I bought from the hotel pastry shop last night, for breakfast.

Then down to reception, checked out and into our 7.30 am waiting taxi.

At Mumbai airport we were well on time for our flight and goodbye to India and an incredibly wonderful holiday.

Can't take Indian currency home so had an enjoyable time spending our spare change in one of the nice tourist gift shops then onto our plane and up and away we went.

Short 3+ hour flight to Dubai, then the longer 7 hour leg to Manchester and home.

Quite uncomfortable by the time we landed, and by the time we were home, having been picked up by Jane, Bob's daughter, was really pleased to be there.

Reminder to self.....next time I travel from India I don't eat the meal on the first flight out. This was the one and only meal I ate differently from Bob as normally we order two dishes and share. This time I had a veggie curry and Bob had the meat. All our other food has been, well, fantastic and considering that neither of us was at all familiar with Indian food before, we have returned home keen aficionados. All except for that veggie curry, which, for the next 5 days I really, really wished I had not eaten.

Now back in freezing cold England and already thinking ahead to warmer weather and where shall we go in the Motorhome. See you later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 25; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0846s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb