soggy socks and converse


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai » Borivali
August 29th 2011
Published: August 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

its wierd that at the domestic airport in the security check there aer five lines for men and only one for women. so there were maybe 200 men waiting and only around 5 women. this just highlights the gender inequality here in this country. i realise that this is obvious and that there is no point me continuing to look for these examples... what am i achieving? so yeah, im trying to move away from my obsession with the feminist agenda which has consumed so much of my energy of late. i feel that its unhelpful to continue to fixate so heavily on problems and, by things that don't work and rather be more invested in appreciating and being inspired by solutions, and by managing to transcend the separateness, to a level of acceptance. in this space, where you stop fighting, even momentarily, theres an acknowledgement that all the issues against which i rail will ultimately be resolved. it's the place where the multiple paths all narrow, merge and culminate in a harmonious if chaotic emergence. and so i really miss being able to get honey in my tea.
its wierd that at the domestic airport in the security check there aer five lines for men and only one for women. so there were maybe 200 men waiting and only around 5 women. this just highlights the gender inequality here in this country. i realise that this is obvious and that there is no point me continuing to look for these examples... what am i achieving?
im waiting for my plane to take me to dehli.
i think its strange that on the way here i had that reoccuring thought where im like.. this didnt feel the way i expected. not that there is anything wrong with my current state of mind, or headspace but its a lot about the hugely built up, idealised way in which i imagine future situations which then might seem underwhelming in the moment.
its monsoon here. i feel as though it will be no longer right for me to complain about rain in melbourne. the rain here is violent. all my stuff is drenched i still have to many bags to be travelling with. super excited to meet dara in a few hours and commute with her to the ashram and do lots of yoga and meditation.
in case i havent mentioned the food in a while i will just state that the food is UNbelievable and im thinking about getting a job at an indian restaurant when i go home so i can learn to cook it all? then again... i always loved the indian cuisine but it was not until i came here that i realised that the westernised version is really a joke. no matter where you eat here the food is awesome.
meeting lots of beautiful people as always.
be in abundance peeps
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb