Just wandering....


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Jalgaon
November 22nd 2006
Published: December 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Completely sleeping through my 6.20am alarm meant an extra day in Jalgaon and a lovely lazy morning. I made myself get up in search of breakfast - more eggs, although rather amusingly when I asked for the salt and pepper, first the waiter looked blankly, then gasped in understanding and skuttled off to return with a napkin and glass, further attempts yielded no better - an ashray!

Jagaon is a standard Indian town, but it has retained it's past unlike some other cities; the old two story wooden houses with balconies and alcoves have not be replaced by concrete blocks and there was even a clock tower at the heart of the town, albeit rather modern. It's main tourist pull being its convienent location to Aganta Caves and many people whistle through arriving late and leaving early but it was a charming town to spend a day pottering, sampling the unusual fruits - sweet water chestnuts, umm, prefer bananas, contemplating buying a chapati rolling pin - more heavy wood for the rucksack, nosying around the gold and silver shops - again!, people watching, being watched, and to much hilarity taking photos of all the storeholders with thier various wares.

That evening it rained for the first time in ages and we sat outside on the terrace, drinking beer and eating hot peanuts while great drops of warm rain plomped down and the waiters gazed on bemused - so refreshing!


Advertisement



6th December 2006

Rudkins on the way ?
Ah, the crazy walking twins should keep you company. But be careful, if they go all Michael Palin and want to tackle Himalayas make sure they where more than a pair of flip flops. D
8th December 2006

They have arrived.... 5 hours late... I got up at 4.30am!!!!
So lovely to see them all safe and sound if a little tired. Off for an explore and thali! L, S, Gxx

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb