Ellora Caves Visit


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Ellora Caves
December 31st 2010
Published: February 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After a tiring week, what I needed was a bit of rest on weekend..... But visiting Verul was the icing on the cake.

The Ellora caves are treat to visit. Once you see the place you will get to know why it is listed as World Heritage Sites. The Carvings at Verul are simply astonishing. Its a wonder how the artists created sculptures with simple instruments which were only existing during that era. Ellora truly changed the history of art. The artists surely gave life to the rocks.

Verul on the other hand revolves around the Kailash Temple in Cave # 16. This Monolith structure is a miracle as to how our ancestors created this temple from a mountain with the help of primitive accessories available at that time. Unlike the other temples, the shivling is placed on the upper storey. The temple resembles a chariot with Lord Shiva is placed at the highest point. Its very difficult to imagine as to how the artists toiled for nearly 200 years to create this monument.

Every time I visit the Ellora Caves, I am never satisfied with the visit and want to explore more in the caves (though till now I’ve visited ellora caves at least 10 times.....).So After a beautiful trekking season, a leisure trip was most needed and to visit Verul was really the icing and Cherry on the Cake....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb