The Most Romantic Things to Do in Kerala


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala
July 26th 2018
Published: July 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

As soon as we checked into our luxurious city apartment in Kochi, the romance of Kerala really started to sink in. We spent our first few days getting lost in the myriad streets of stunning colonial architecture, enjoying mouthwatering food and lingering over long afternoon drinks. Sunset on Marine Drive is not to be missed, and one of the area’s swanky restaurants provided a perfect end to another perfect day.



From swanky restaurant to adorable thatched houseboat for two, we spent 3 days cruising the Keralan backwaters and with nothing to worry about but watching the world go by and enjoying each other’s company, we really were in heaven. We got a real taste for village life as we cruised past families bathing, cooking and eating on the banks of the rivers. The scenery was endlessly stunning; lush coconut groves, sweeping rice terraces and dense, mysterious jungle. Truly, there is no more relaxing way to see India.



Up in Munnar, we checked into a fabulous hill station resort to continue our Keralan adventure. We were taken on a private tour of some stunning beauty spots and secluded waterfalls which we were able to enjoy all to ourselves. This also included a visit to the beautiful tea gardens, which offered some breathtaking panoramic views and photo opportunities. Following all this exertion, we indulged in couples treatments at the resort spa, perfect for soothing away our stress. First, we were treated to an all over body scrub and a wrap, meanwhile we received a relaxing facial. Finishing in a full body massage, the miracle-workers at the spa had us feeling like we were floating on air!



Our next stop was famous Marari Beach, where we bagged a Keralan style cottage with a private pool. We started our day with an invigorating swim before hitting the beach for some serious chill-out time. Evenings were spent watching the sun set over the ocean whilst we sipped cocktails and enjoyed some incredible seafood before retiring to our cottage.



Our final stop was a luxury treehouse in Athirappilly, seclusion and stunning natural beauty don’t come much more romantic than this. Our treehouse complex was set in a remote forest, far from the tourist crowds. Our private pool overlooked a series of magnificent waterfalls. We spent our days relaxing on our deck or swimming to the sound and sight of the incredible falls. By evening we would enjoy drinks on the resort’s lawn, watching the sun go down. Falling asleep to the sound of the water cascading onto the rocks below is something neither of us will ever forget.

We found Kerala to be the perfect getaway for couples . This beautiful part of the world has so much to offer an adventurous pair who value natural beauty and seclusion.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.387s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb