Some of the finest Village Tourism in Kerala


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala
May 15th 2018
Published: May 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Tourism of Kerala is usually popular for its backwaters, houseboats, and Ayurvedic therapies. This is the reason the honeymooners, nature lovers, wildlife explorers and photography enthusiasts visit Kerala in large numbers every year. But a specific kind of travellers wants to get indulges in some special activities such as exploring the charm of villages in Kerala. They are interested in exploring the rural life of villages and hence they rush the villages of Kerala. Some of the popular villages that are the point of attraction for tourists are:

Cherai

If you are searching for perfect village tourism, Cherai is definitely a right choice to explore the rural beauty of the village. Lying in the Northern End of the Vypeen Island, Once; it was a part of Kochi and Travancore states. The rich cultural heritage invites a large number of tourists every year.

Nilambur

A lot of fascinating things are making Nilambur one of the best places for village tourism in Kerala. The dense forests of Mahogany, choropin, teak, rosewood, and bamboos are one of the most important factors to allure tourists. The place is also famous for the oldest teak plantations in the world.

Palai

A Kerala Village Tour will be incomplete without visiting Palai. Located in the district of Kottayam, the beauty of this place is so much attracting that it can make you fall in love with it. The place derives its name from Palazhi, the mythological ocean from where the nectar churned out.

Thodupuzha

A district and town, Thodupuzha is home to several beautiful villages which are famous village tourism in Kerala. Thodupuzha is also the name of the river which flows through the middle of the town and makes it more serene and beautiful.

Kumarakom

Kumarakom village is one of the most famous villages which are referred just for village tourism. This village is an intensive collection of beautiful little islands. The Vembanad Lake enhances its charm and makes it one of the most enchanting backwater destinations in Kerala.

Marayoor

Apart from its beautiful side, Marayoor also houses the famous historical sites which are still there from the back-historic era. Not only the Jungles and hillsides, you also find the remains of Dolmenoid cists called muniyaras (the burial chambers) from the Megalithic Age.

Kovalam

An international renowned beach, Kovalam is a beautiful coastal town, along with three adjacent crescent beaches. The calm waters of these places have been the point of attraction for tourists since 1930. Tourists can enjoy here a lot of activities such as swimming, ayurvedic body massages, sunbathing, and special cultural programs.

Bekal

Famous for its unmatched natural beauty, Bekal is located on the shoreline of Pallikkara village. The place is famous for Bekal fort, which is the largest of its kind in Kerala. Not only the fort, the surroundings of this fort are also beautiful and never lags to attract a big number of visitors.

Kumbalangi

Situated in the western part of Kerala, Kumbalangi is an eco-friendly tourist village which is almost 30 minutes of driving distance from Fort Kochi. The place is the fine example of how natural resources can be used for tourism without disturbing the environment wealth.

Malampuzha

Situated in Palakkad district of Kerala, the village is a splendid natural beauty that is favourite of the nature lovers. If one wants to get attach to nature and also want to soak in the tranquillity of the environment, Malampuzha is one of the places worth visiting.

Kerala is not just
Village Tourism in KeralaVillage Tourism in KeralaVillage Tourism in Kerala

www.unlockholidays.com
limited to the houseboats and backwaters, but its villages have much more for exploring. Book Kerala holiday packages and find some of the quaint villages to explore.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb