10 Locations in Himachal That are Perfect Winter Vacations


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh
May 19th 2018
Published: May 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Whether you are visiting Himachal during summers or you are visiting it in Summers, Himachal never disappoints you with its offerings. Winters bring snow falling views and various winter adventure sports to its visitors. Himachal is blessed with heavy snowfall in winters and the factor invites a large number of tourists.

Manali

One of the best places to visit in Himachal, Manali becomes more beautiful and come up with more entertaining options such as snowboarding, trekking, and wandering through the ice-covered streets. If you are lucky; you can have the opportunity enjoying watching the shooting of a movie.

Khajjiar

Located at a breathtaking altitude of approx 6,500 feet from sea level, Khajjiar is known as mini Switzerland of India. Surrounded by green forests, Khajjiar looks more beautiful in winters as the trees and meadows around stay covered with snow.

Parashar Lake

The lake offers a unique vista in winters as it looks magnificent with the snow covered all around. Located in Mandi district of Himachal, Parashar Lake offers an adventurous trekking trail through a forest and several rivulets.

Rohtang La

Gateway to Ladakh, Rohtang La is the perfect winter pick in Himachal Pradesh. One of the most famous places to visit in Himachal Pradesh, Rohtang La can be visited for hot water springs, Hadimba Devi Temple, skiing, and sledge rides.

Kufri

Situated on the Himalayan range, Kufri is the most loved destination in Himachal Pradesh during winters. The winter sports festival is held every year in the month of February. Almost all kinds of snow sports are available in Kufri and especially during the month of winters.

Spiti Valley

Full of monasteries and Tibetan culture, Spiti Valley remains covered with snow. Tourists love to visit this place during winters as the people offers mesmerizing vistas. The best vistas can be witnessed at Chandratal Lake. The most popular monastery is Dhankar monastery.

Solang Valley

Snow lovers love to visit Solang Valley during winters they can enjoy watching breathtaking views. Tourists also have the opportunity of indulging in various adventure activities such as paragliding, zorbing, and so many others.

Kullu

People prefer Manali over Kullu as they are not aware of the beauty of Kullu in winters. The place offers trekking, river rafting, mountaineering, and camping. Festive look at Raghunath Temple makes it more attracting for visitors.

Narkanda

Surrounded by green woods and thick forests, nature lovers love to visit this place during winters as the place becomes more beautiful during this season. Winter skiing is the most popular thing to enjoy in Narkanda. Visit Tannu Jubbar lake for an unforgettable picnic experience.

Dalhousie

Similar to Switzerland in winters, Dalhousie has been one of the favourites of tourists in winters. People who love to visit the blend of nature and history, Dalhousie is perfect for them. You can also visit one of the oldest churches in India – St John Church.

Himachal has been the top state for inviting a great number of tourists every year across all the seasons. There are so many interesting places that can be explored by visitors. Book Himachal Predesh Tour Packages and explore its magical ambience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb