Om


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Neyyar Dam
March 26th 2009
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Om!


Well I've managed to get a few spare moments to run down the hill from the Sivananda Ashram to the internet cafe to write a few lines. Each day seems to go so quickly I can hardly believe I've been here two weeks already. The days are full with early morning meditation and chanting, followed by 2 hours of yoga (the other day we did 27 rounds of sun salutation!!!) and then breakfast/brunch, a delicious Indian meal we sit on the floor for in silence and eat with our hands. I definately enjoy the vegetarian diet and am surprisingly full on two meals a day. After brunch we have some time to finish homework and then lectures on yoga philosophy and stimulating discussion ensue. Then another asana yoga class where we learn the techniques for teaching followed by a light dinner. We have a little more time to finish homework then the evening satsang meditation ends the day.

Every so often we take a walk to the lake for sunrise or sunset and its absolutely gorgeous with the placid water and hills in the distance and fog dissipating. We have Fridays off and last week I joined the group to Kayakumari, the most southern tip of India where three oceans meet for a swim and temple tour. On the way we took a shower under a natural water fall and visited another ashram for lunch. We indulged in too many sweets and the next day was a bit torturous getting through the exercises and concentrating in meditation and lecture. Needless to say, tomorrow I will not make the same mistake... Ive signed up for a jungle safari across the lake in the Lion Wildlife Park as long as enough people are interested. Alright, time to go again, miss you all lots and and I'm definately taking as much from this experience as I can!

Oh and Happy Belated St Patricks Day!!

Laura
xoxoxo

Advertisement



26th March 2009

so jealous of the food. trip sounds epic so far Laura, stoked to hear more.
26th March 2009

smiling
I'm sitting here at work, totally smiling at you from Vancouver. still bitten by the travel bug so I've booked a trip to Paris in the fall-how's that for contrast? much love to you!
26th March 2009

Om!
Boy this sounds like a total working vacation. I'm exhausted after reading this one. Lots of working out going on over there in India. Sounds like you like this job alot - here's to inner peace. God knows I could use some. You'll have to show me how. Luv - Val
31st March 2009

Lovin' following your adventures
Haven't posted yet, but sure have been reading and following! It's like you're taking the trip I had imagined, so how awesome is that?! Drink it all in, with grace and an open heart! Yay! x0x0000x0xx

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb