Adventure tourism is catching up in Munnar


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Munnar
March 15th 2016
Published: March 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

More tourists are coming to capture the spirit of adventure. From various parts of the country and the city are seen more tourists planning tours to Munnar especially from schools and colleges. Munnar has earned its position as one of the best destinations for trekking in South India. Situated in the Western Ghats and providing the promise of fun and adventure, it is mixed with the enchanting greenery of nature. Famous or its tea plantations, valleys, hills and wildlife, Munnar provides one of the best locations to camp out with friends and family. The Pulimala which is situated close to the second highest peak of the Western Ghats is gathered with people coming from all over the state. Here they can spend many nights out for trekking and camping. Pothemedu viewpoint which is famous for the Lock heart gap has now become an attraction for adventure lovers, as it provides excellent opportunity for rock climbing and rappelling. This place is considered as the best destination for both professionals and tourists. Munnar provides a different experience for those who prefer mixing adventure with nature. It also gives adventure tourists the best opportunity to mix with the wild. The difference in Munnar with other places is that tourists get a chance to sleep in the wild as it provides night stays in the form of tree-top houses and tents .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb