backwaters and climbing trees


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
May 14th 2007
Published: May 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Kerala is by far the nicest state that i have visited so far, there seems so much less hassel on the street, and you can walk around and feel safe being a woman. I like it here, i didn't so much like the 11 house 2 buses 36 hair bends down the second biggest mountain in India, one ferry and 2 tuk tuks it took to get here, but now i am here i like. I took one of the backwater boat trips, and had a lovely lazy day slowly drifting down the canals, learing about al the local plants and herbs being grown, having coconuts picked from great hights for us from the local vilages. They are so nice, and sweet, just lovely. It rained for a little bit which i knida liked, i guess it is prepairing me for the rains that are nearly here.

I saw some of the local dancing and martial arts, it was all very drematic and over acted, with heaps of make up for the men and hugh costumes that looked card to move in, i wondered how hot they must be if i was drenched in sweat just watching? The martial arts was kind Yoga ish, with legs and arms going in al sorts of directions, then the knives came out, not pretty, i just knew it was going to end in tears before bed time.

I am heading back to the mountains tomorrow, i think...or down the coast. I guess i will decied tomorrow at the bus station which bus i will be getting on.

Off to find some cake, as i have heard there is a cake shop in town, and as i am not a big fan of Indian food i am off to sniff some cake out... Kisses xoxoxo

I

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb