Day 10 - Kumarakom


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Alleppey
August 10th 2008
Published: September 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dan and I decided to go for a canoe ride. We got into the canoe and Dan gave me a quick lesson on riding the canoe. We canoed around 1 hour on the side canal that leads into the main lake.

The canoe ride was awesome and very tiring. After the ride we came back and met the rest of the gang for breakfast. We headed back to our rooms to start pack and wait for our houseboat to arrive at Coconut lagoon boat Jetty.

Just as we were packing we figured that we did not bring the scotch with us so I decided to head back to van to get the scotch bottle. As soon as Balu knew that I was there for scotch he conveyed that the bottle broke and messed up the van. We decided to go and get some local liquor. The local liquor store is run by the government and it was crowed by 11:00AM. I decided to get the Signature whiskey and rushed back to the resort. Everyone was checked out and waiting for me in front of the Houseboat.

As soon as I got in we paid for the boat in US $ and headed out for our cruise. We had a wonderful lunch prepared by the crew at a nice secluded place on the lake. Our gang had fun with some kids who were on the neighboring boat when it was parked for the lunch. As promised our boat captain had bought Kingfisher and chilled it on the cooler.

After the lunch everyone wanted to have more fish for our dinner and we went out shopping for fish. Our boat captain took us to a shop on the lake side where we got 2.5 KG "Kelanji" fish cut cleaned and ready to be fried. After the fish shopping we played "Frickle" and drank lots of beer.

After the lazy cruise we anchored for the night. We had a wonderful dinner with so many dishes with the special fish fry. The crew served the King Prawns is a wonderful display. After the dinner we played "Whats yours like" and went to bed.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb