India My Love


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Mangalore
December 13th 2008
Published: December 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello this is Ali writing from India!

sorry its taken so long to write but we've been busy exploring this land of love! true to the rumours india is the craziest country you will ever come across. every aspect of it is categorized into extremes, it is extremely poor and extremely rich, it is dirtier than you could ever imagine in some places (which includes rats running between your legs) and spot clean in others, some towns are disgustingly ugly and others, well most of the country, are the most beautiful places and settings i can't even put them into words. its fast and slow, your either really pissed off or really high on life, its crazy and hectic but also the most peaceful but no matter what you can not find an in between. you sort of just learn to accept everything that comes your way and after awhile nothing fazes anymore. every time you take a bus your faced with a hundred opportunities of death, as you sit and watch your bus narrowly miss a bike rickshaw cow chicken truck and everything else you could possible think of because let me tell you, the indian road will have it!

Through all its crazyness, ive never felt some of the feelings ive felt here in india, every time we travel on to a new place, we are all silent sitting, looking out the windows at the crazyness around us, tom petty is usually alonside with me, and life is the closest to perfect it could ever be!

We crossed the border from nepal to indias shithole known as gorakphur, scammed are way with a free train ride to delhi (could have been a bad situation, but i guess it pays to be 3 clueless foreigners). We've finished up in the beaches of Goa, absolutely amazing experience alongside a great group of people, said goodbye to Mike and Ian over some pina coladas and one last palolem sunset. Then started south to Hampi which I can't describe so you'll have to wait for pictures. Back to beach, just came from paradise beach, which is definately true to its name. Just missed out train last night because absolutely nothing runs on time in india, and we are now in the city of mangalore about to go watch a cinema which is absolute pure luxury for us and we're freeeekin pysched!!!!! We say goodbye to casey for awhile in a few days, while she heads to new zealand, and after the new year me and Kels and flying to Sri Lanka for a couple weeks before we head back up to northern india. Should be a gonger.

Life is pretty great, happy holidays!


Advertisement



6th January 2009

miisssss
so ridiculously jealous. miss you guys. it's cold here... so cold.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb