Journeys around madekeri


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Madikeri
March 17th 2010
Published: March 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello

After Goa, we went to Mangalore, why you ask? Because it has a funny name, and sounds like Bangalore! WE arrived at mangalore at 5am, had no where to stay, so we asked a taxi man for a decent hotel! Luckily he got us to a cheap and clean one. When we got up, we realised that mangalore, even though it hasn't got much to do there, it is a becoming a western city - we ate in Pizza Hut! Once finding out that there was not much to do, we decided to go to Madikeri for some mounting trekking. So the same day we left Magalore at 7, and arrived at Madikeri at 3. Unfortunately this time there was no taxi man, so we had to stumble across a guest house! That morning though we sorted out our trek. The first day we gired a taxi man to take us around the sights. We saw elephants, a waterfall, went to a zoo and then saw the Buddhist version of the Golden Temple (I'm sure the Dalai Lama was there!) IT was a good day. The next day was our mountain trek. It lasted 5 Hours in total, and reached the summit of two mountains about 1200 feet high! The best bit about this is that we had to go to a village house first and stay there overnight! The mountain trek was very picturesque, could just see mountains and greenery for miles. Good to be away from the chaos of india's streets. The village home was nice. Good to have a home cooked meal (we had lunch, dinner and breakfast the next day) it was vegetarian though! The house had no electricity at night! so we had to use our phones for light! Don't ask me about the shower/toilet facilities! after the mountain trek we went to Kerala, where the fun also continued!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb