Relaxing by the river


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Hampi
December 20th 2006
Published: December 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,
sorry no pictures today as the connection is really slow in town.
After having spent a very chilled out week with the Slaters in Goa we have now spent 3 days in very relaxed Hampi. (We'll be so chilled, you won't recognise us when we come back ;-)
In Goa we went for a couple of days to the south to a beach resort where we stayed in Beach huts on stilts. The sound of the surf rocking us to sleep. Very romantic and we could have spent ages there. Food was superb too and the water was mild and delicious. so we started the day with yoga on the beach, then a swim in the sea and some fruity breakfast in the bar next door. Followed by several snoozes and other bits of swimming to later see a lovely sunset and have dinner on the beach... you get our drift.
Hampi is about 400km / 8 hours east of Goa and was a spectacularly large town 500 years ago until some war ended the glory. The ruins are still impressive and we have done our fair share in sightseeing the archeological remains. The site is located near a river and there are lots of round granite boulders lying in the country site as if giants forgot to tidy their toys after playing.
The hotel we stay in is "Garden Paradise" with Banana leaf huts in blossoming garden on the river bank - so now we listen to the sound of crickets and the river as we go to sleep.
We would stay longer if we could but we are off to Mysore tonight, where we will celebrate Christmas. (the german way on the 24th, as that is on a sunday this year the illuminated palace (illumination only on sundays from 7-8 pm) will substitute for a tree.)

Lots fo love from the Knox's

PS Check this again, we will add pictures later.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Terry in CoracleTerry in Coracle
Terry in Coracle

When was the last time you saw Terry this relaxed????


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb