Summer Holiday


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Calangute
December 10th 2006
Published: December 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,
running the danger that you will all turn green with envie but we have arrive in GOA!! and it is paradise.
We spoilt ourselves to inland flights from Varanasi to Goa and arrived here yesterday (Saturday) at 6 in the morning. Janice and Tony (Terry's aunt and uncle) were there to pick us up (holding up a little sign that said KNOX). They have moved to India 3 months ago and had only received their new car on friday evening. We were all 4 thrilled to see each other. They moved into their beautiful new golden-yellow house only 3 weeks ago and it is already very homie. Our room is white and lime green and it is wonderful quiet and peaceful. We enjoy it so much to spend time in a home, I hadn't realised how much I had missed that. Yesterday we saw a little of their local village and today we've spent the day at the beach and we feel positively relaxed, our skin feeling deliciously prickeling from having swam in the sea and the sun and the warm wind.
Tony and Janice have a Yogi (a teacher for Yoga) coming to their house every morning and so we started into the day with almost 2 hours of hatha yoga in their yard under some palm trees. we felt great afterwards, what a nice gentle way to wake up once body! (I can hear the osteopathy girls chuckeling away...) I had been wondering at which point we would been drawn in to things like this and I am really excited that I have the opportunity to learn a routine in the time that we are here and then hopefully we can keep it up while we travel on.

Of what we've seen so far GOA is very different to the rest of India, The feel here is more mediteranean than asian. People are really friendly and even though there are still plenty of people wanting to sell you stuff they are not nearly as insistant. It is a real holiday paradise and Janice and Tony live in the middle of it, we cannot blame them.

With lots of love from warm Goa
Terry and Claudia


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



15th December 2006

bast@rds
I see you are determined to live up to your blog name! It's sickening to see you're enjoying paradise while we're having lots of rain and days are so dark and utterly dismal in Maidstone, but I'm glad your having a wonderful time. Hugs to you both and if I don't write again before Christmas I hope you have a wonderful time and an excellent New Year xxxx
18th December 2006

Great to Hear from you guys again!
Hi Claudi and Terry its great to hear from you and see all your wonderful pictures glad your having a great time keep up the great work and reports gald your both OK Merry Chirstmas and blessed New Year Jack and Julie xxx
18th December 2006

very envious
This place looks stunning! And there I was thinking you're going on a budget holiday (sigh)! Keep up the blogs and enjoy the sunshine as it appears as if the winter is now really threatening to make its presence felt!! Enjoy!!!

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb