Gokarna Om Beach


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Gokarna
April 3rd 2010
Published: April 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Om Nama Shiva

No need to mention that the next bus ride was another long, yet entertaining one, 16hrs, luckily with the odd toilet and snack break!! The driver chewed Paan constantly, with a similar effect to drinking 12 red bulls, we really were flying by the end!!!
we found ourselves at a beautiful beach, the first of many in GOA, called Om beach due to the "3" shape of the sands.
Staying in cosy beach huts under the shade of coconut trees, we let GP off cooking duties and ate out every night, sampling different indian curries ... yummy.
We passed the days swimming in the beautiful blue seas, with dolphins for company, topping up our tans, and going for mini missions to other nearby, quiet unspoilt beaches, aptly named Paradise beach.

One of the best things here was the phosphorescence at night... swimming turned us into glowing sea creatures, and with stars overhead, it was a magical experience.

The vibe was very chilled here, and the main town a half an our ride away, so we really did become beach bums!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



19th April 2010

Looks truly amazing - so happy for you guys!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb