Making a Difference.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bannerghatta
March 20th 2014
Published: March 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Narayanan Krishnan is a woman in India who was about to become an award winning chef when she saw an old and detitutated man who was eating his own waste out of hunger, which made Narayanan’s life take a different course. He quit his job the next week and within a year he founded the Akshaya Trust, which feeds and takes care of the destiture and mentally disabled people in Mandurai, Tamil Nadu. Narayanan prepares three warm and fresh vegetarian meals every day, which he feeds to people that he sees under bridges and other abandoned places. Narayanan also carries a comb, scissors, and razor with him to provide dignity to those who he cares for. Now, Narayanan sleep in Akshaya’s kitchen along with his co-workers, he has no income and scrapes by with the support of his parents. Up until this say, he serves more than 1.2 million meals to India’s destitute.

The goal of Narayanan’s initiative is to decrease the population that has to live with hunger. In the country that he mostly operates is India. In my opinion, I think that this operation does make a difference because he started as a small organization and now he’s feeding also all of India which is a huge difference.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb