5 Most Spectacular Waterfalls near Bangalore


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore
June 14th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Bangalore is blessed with masses of traveler attractions as it is actually located within the middle of South India. Ranging from Trekking locations to Beautiful Waterfalls, Heritage Sites to Hill Stations, Bangalore gives severa alternatives to choose a great holiday. Of those, waterfalls close to Bangalore are most popular. Monsoon brings life to the nature & streams and it's miles the nice season to discover some of the excellent waterfalls near Bangalore.



Here Trawell.in tried to pick Top 5 waterfalls near Bangalore within a distance of 200 km.



Shivanasamudra Falls



Shivanasamudra is a gorgeous waterfall situated in Mandya district of Karnataka and also one of the best waterfalls in Karnataka. This is one of the mesmerizing waterfalls near Bangalore and also a popular weekend getaway from Bangalore. Formed over Kaveri River, Shivanasamudra is also called as Bluff. The island of Shivanasamudra divides Kaveri River into two parts that form two waterfalls, namely Gaganachukki and Barachukki. The Gaganachukki waterfall is best viewed from the Shivanasamudra watch tower. Somnathpur and Talakadu can be visited along with Shivanasamudra as a day trip from Bangalore.



Hogenakkal Falls



Hogenakkal Falls is a huge waterfall on Kaveri River located in Dharmapuri district of Tamil Nadu. Sometimes referred to as the ‘Niagara of India’, Hogenakkal is one of the best waterfalls in India and also one of the popular weekend getaways from Bangalore. Coracle riding is one of the top things to do here which is allowed during the post-monsoon and winter season. Boating is usually stopped in peak monsoons. Tourists can also go for trekking on the nearby hills.



Irupu Falls



Irupu Falls, locally known as Lakshmana Tirtha Falls, is a magnificent waterfall situated in Brahmagiri Hills of Coorg. The Falls are also called the Lakshmana Tirtha Falls, derived from the name of the tributary of Cauvery which starts offevolved from those falls, the Lakshmana Tirtha River. It is one of the most beautiful Karnataka waterfalls and also one of the top tourist places near Bangalore. There is a temple called Rameshwara Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva is located on the banks of the Lakshmana Tirtha River, enroute to the falls.



Hebbe Falls



Hebbe falls is one of the maximum picturesque waterfalls in Chikmagalur district.Surrounded by dense forests and coffee plantations, it's miles one of the beautiful falls in Chikmagalur. Hebbe Falls flows down from a peak of 550 feet in tiers to form Dodda Hebbe and Chikka Hebbe.It is assumed that the waters of these falls are infused with herbs and can cure pores and skin diseases. Hebbe Falls is a super retreat from the busy city existence and it is one of the ought to visit traveler spots in Karnataka.



Abbey Falls



Abbey Falls, also known as Abbi Falls is a wonderful waterfall situated in Western Ghats of Coorg. It was earlier called Jessi Falls in memory of Jessi, the daughter of Madikeri's first British Captain Chaplain. The river is part of the early reaches of the river Kaveri. The Water flow is very high during the monsoon season. Abbey Falls is one of the top places to visit in Coorg and also one of the famous places to visit near Bangalore. A hanging bridge has been built across the gorge here, from where the visitors can get a beautiful view of the falls. It is one of the places most commonly represented for Coorg Tourism.



Meenmutty Waterfalls



Meenmutty Falls is the largest and most spectacular waterfall in the Wayanad district of Kerala. Meenmutty is one of the best places in Kerala where one can experience scenic views of nature. This three tired waterfall is falling from a height of 300m is the biggest waterfalls in Wayanad and the second largest in Kerala. Meenmutty waterfalls are risky in the course of wet seasons because of excessive inflow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb