5 Most Popular Tourist Places to Visit in Yercaud


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Yercaud
June 13th 2017
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Yercaud is a beautiful hill station in Salem district of Tamil Nadu. The misty hills, spectacular viewpoints and abundance of tourist attractions making this sleepy hill station a mesmerizing holiday destination and also one of the popular tourist places to visit in Tamilnadu. Yercaud is known for its plantations of coffee, orange, jackfruit, guava, cardamom and black pepper. Yercaud is a destination that can be explored during a romantic honeymoon, family vacations or while vacationing with friends. As part of the Shevaroy range of hills in the Eastern Ghats, Yercaud has several tourist places to explore.



Here are some of the top tourist places to visit in Yercaud:



Yercaud Lake



Yercaud Lake or Big Lake is a natural lake situated in the heart of Yercaud town. It is also known as Emerald Lake, this lake is the only natural lake among all the hill station lakes in South India and also one of the best Yercaud tourist places. The lake is surrounded by gardens and well wooded trees. There is also a floating fountain in the lake which increases the appeal of the garden. Apart from this, tourists can also enjoy a wide range of activities at the lake, including boating. The boat ride in the quaint waters of the lake is a memorable experience.



Lady’s Seat



Lady's Seat is a cluster of rocks formed naturally in the shape of a seat on the South West of Shevaroy hills in Yercaud. Providing incredible views of the clouds, mists and greenery around, Lady’s Seat was once the favourite recreational spot of a white English lady residing in Yercaud. The view from Lady's Seat is more spectacular at night with thousands of light twinkling in Salem town. Lady’s Seat also offers the stunning views of the sunset.



Botanical Garden



Botanical Garden is picturesque properly laid garden in the Yercaud metropolis of Tamil Nadu. Housing various wonderful species of vegetation and flora, the Botanical Garden is a should go to location for nature enthusiasts and also one of the pinnacle locations to visit in Yercaud. The garden is split in to exceptional sections like foliage garden, topiary lawn, bonsai lawn, butterfly lawn, herbal lawn, rock lawn, water lawn and sensory lawn. It is the 0.33 largest Orchidarium in India and additionally one of two Orchidariums run through the Botanical Survey of India. Apart from orchids, there's additionally an excellent variety of rare plant life and flowers inside the lawn.



Pagoda Point



Pagoda Point is one of the popular viewpoints located in Yercaud. The place has got its name due to the presence of four piles of stones that have been arranged in the shape of a pyramid which resembles the temple tower and is said to be built by the local tribes. Pagoda Point is the perfect getaway to embrace the mind with solace and tranquillity. Pagoda Point offers the most sprawling outlook of Yercaud and its enchanting surroundings. There is a Sri Rama Temple situated near the Pagodas which is an important pilgrimage site for the locals. The viewpoint offers amazing sunrise and sunset views. Tourists can enjoy beautiful views of the town of Salem along with Kakambadi village from this point.



Servaroyan Temple / Shevaroy Temple



Shevaroyan Temple is a famous Hindu temple situated atop Shevaroyan hill in Yercaud town of Tamil Nadu. Built by the ancient tribes of Yercaud, this cave temple is dedicated to Lord Shevaroyan and Goddess Kaveri. It is a common belief among the locals that Goddess Kaveri is believed to be the guardian deity of the 67 villages located around Yercaud. The Shevaroyan temple is a cave temple. The main deity of Shevaroy temple is Lord Shevaroyan, worshiped by tribal people of the region. This temple can be best described as narrow and dark caves which are adorned by idols of Goddess Kaveri and Lord Shevaroyan.

Advertisement



6th August 2017

amaze
what a nice info,, mybe i should go there,, that's a beauty place

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb