A Guide to Backpacking through Bangalore


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore
March 31st 2017
Published: March 31st 2017
Edit Blog Post

One of the most welcoming cities, making everyone feels like at home, Bangalore, The Silicon Valley of India, wins hearts all over. The Kannada-speaking locals let everyone have their own space and enjoy the city with no difficulties. With a perfectly pleasant climate throughout the year, Bangalore is a must-visit. From eateries to pubs, from shopping destinations to tourist spots, you have it all.

When it comes to the crowd, Bangalore has a large youth population, coming in as professionals in ITs and start-ups and as students of engineering, media, science, and art colleges.

Reaching the City and Travelling Within

Bangalore is well-connected to all domestic and international cities. From within India, one can reach Bangalore either by air, train, or road, depending on the origin of departure. Flights to Bangalore are ensured from all major cities across India and many international airports, and buses to Bangalore frequently run from Coimbatore, Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Mangalore, and other cities. The city hosts two important railway stations – City Railway Junction and Yeshwanthpur Railway Junction, with numerous others in between.

To commute within the city, one can use one of many transport options available – BMTC buses, auto rickshaws, cabs (Uber/Ola), rented two-wheeler or cars, and the metro, to cut all the traffic.

A Comfortable Stay

The Hyatt, Chancery Pavilion, Leela Palace, Taj, Oberoi, Le Meridian, Marriott, Lalit Ashok, Sheraton, ITC, Movenpick and many more luxury hotels give hundreds of options to stay in Bangalore when one is down to visit the place. Mango Mist, Golden Palms, Guhantra, is one of the famous resorts in Bangalore. Apartment from these, there are plenty of service apartments, guesthouses, and B ‘n’ B options to choose from. Bangalore is sure to not disappoint you but only ensure a great stay and holiday.

Start with the Sightseeing

Places to visit in Bangalore cover recreational, green parks like Lalbagh and Cubbon Park, the zoo and safari at the Bannerghatta National Park, the world famous ISKCON temple, Vishweshwaraya Museum for the science freaks, Chinnaswamy Stadium and the Kanteerva stadium, serving all the sports fanatics. The city also has beautiful lakes like Ulsoor Lake, Bellandur Lake, Hesaraghatta Lake and the Hebbal Lake, spread across. 28 km from Bangalore, is an amusement park, Wonderla, the ultimate place to be at if one wants to enjoy adventurous rides and fun. Bangalore also has a Palace to itself, the Bangalore Palace, open for visits and events. The ground around the palace hosts many functions, weddings, and music concerts. Not only have these places, if you want to enjoy the nature you can lookout the weekend gateways from Bangalore.

The music space in Bangalore is a must to experience with year round concerts happening all over the city. The city has hosted international bands like Guns N’ Roses, Metallica, Backstreet Boys, The Black Eyed Peas, The Rolling Stones, Lamb of God, Scorpions and many more. The city also has its own local bands that have made a name for themselves all over –Swaratma, Inner Sanctum, Space behind the Yellow Room, and many more.

Shopping and Dining

Bangalore is a paradise for all the shopaholics. From bulk shopping to brand shopping, it is all available in every nook and corner of the city. Commercial Street and Chikpete are the hubs while 100 Ft. Indiranagar, Brigade road, Jayanagar 4th Block, and Malleshwaram are the other main shopping destinations.

Bangalore is also known for its eateries and pubs, serving every cuisine one can ask for. Buffets, biryanis, brunches, breweries, burgers, breakfasts, rooftops, pizza, sweet tooth, street food, late-night eats, coffee, etc., you get to enjoy it all.

Have a wonderful time visiting the Bangalore – A Garden City and interacting with its pleasant people; we wish you a delightful vacation!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb