Chaos


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore
August 12th 2008
Published: August 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dick starts his low dose radiation regime today. I’ve been recovering from terrible cold/sinus infection. Between Dick & I we’ve had more days feeling under the whether than not. Still, we love it here completely!

One of the biggest attractions is, oddly enough, the chaos. There is a palpable lack of orderliness or rules in the way anything seems to occur here. It appears (to our outsider eyes) that nothing can be taken for granted. Turn a corner and there's a cow or someone driving on the sidewalk or up the opposite lane. Take your own eye off the sidewalk in front of you & you might step into a 2ft pothole or a turd or carcass or pile of trash. Want to set up shop? It seems you can solicit sales on any corner of any sidewalk. Permit? Health Inspections? I wonder if they exist here. Homeless people seem to build tarp communities wherever they please. Nice new buildings stand next to decaying old shantis. So far I've seen two stark naked men (both clearly destitute & insane). Oh how the troubled lives of others are so conveniently tucked away in the States.

No hiding here. It's a bit of a free for all. It speaks to us of freedom. We highly approve!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb