Monsoon...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore
June 12th 2008
Published: June 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone ...

So have you ever wondered what it would be like to be in a monsoon...well try being in one in India. It rained so so so hard yet people walked around like it was normal. I even watched a guy in a speedo in the pouring rain rinse himself off in the outdoor shower then jump in the pool...REALLY???? Debbie and i instead decided to go to the spa and had a 5 hour spa treatments for barely any $ while over looking the ocean with flowers around our necks with jasmine oils and honey tea....ohh and with coconut oil in my hair because the Indians say it will make my hair grow and keep it shiny. you know i am going to Mother's market when i get back and start using coconut oil.
So off to Bombay i went today. This is for my Sissy....try getting in a plane during a Monsoon...ummmmmmmm let's just say that thank God it was only one hour...i thought i was going to die. However that was better than driving because we heard on the news that if you go by car make sure you can break the windows in case of flash flood to get out. i am thinking " where the hell am i??? and then reality hit...I'M in INDIA...YIKES!" The worst is that they also said that if you go by car and there is flash floods to watch for snakes. Ahhhhh!!!!
However i landed safely in Bombay and Debbie's brother and girlfriend pick us up. His girfriend has a personal driver that will drive us everywhere and we are staying in one of their friends flats on....THE BEACH of Bombay!!! The best part is that we have our own servant that cooks us breakfast the place is HUGE...I am not kidding when i say that i am writing from a computer in the bedroom with 180 degree views of ocean and .....a ping pong table in front of me. There is ping pong table in the bedroom????...There is a gym too. Ohh and one more thing to top things off...did i mention that the guy's house that we are staying in is..." a little person" that is right and Indian little person. However we do have a king size bed to sleep in.
I miss you all and can't wait to come home! I miss you all and miss my puppy...and you too Greg*
Nameste,
timree*

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb