A Letter to Anna and Agelos


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore
September 1st 2007
Published: September 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

My dear friends,

Tonight in Bangalore the moon hangs half full and heavy. One half i think is hiding with you in Japan Ana, perhaps under Amitaba as he sleeps. The portion that's waning just left with Agelos on a rickshaw bound for Greece. And the part i see that's shining yellow over the familiarity of our porch, is not meant for me. It lights the step i can see from our clothesline, and tonight, for the first time, the step is empty. The homeless man that used to call it "home" died yesterday.
It's strange now, to see space where there used to be bodies, hear silence where there used to be music. Soon the moon will disappear and take the homeless man's light with it. And like a great eraser, the sky will wash itself once more with the velvet of stars, and birth a new moon, and new days, and new children of Bangalore.
For me, this is a different sort of goodbye. In the past, goodbyes have always metaphorically been like closing doors; sealing off distinct periods of time, and that is why they've always been sad. But the two of you, you make a different kind of door. Even though we have now physically parted, i think all of us would agree that the last thing we feel is closed.
I've never felt so much light from 2 people as i have from the 2 of you. I've never felt so light myself. When i shut my eyes and remember the magic of this month, do you know what i envision? Fireflies.
It goes something like this: There is black space and two little circles of fuzzy green light. The circles bounce and float and dance and sometimes even become one bright ball of luminescense. There is the quiet hum of wings, and the glow of beautiful color. Then there's nosy little me, wide eyed, drawn to the two of you like bugs and hippies are drawn to all things shiny. And here i pause to savour the memory of the three little lights that collided.
I think of the very brief time we lost our SELVES. A time when we stepped out of our skin, and into the buzz of pure electricity. Surrounded by the two of you, i felt like we were the prongs on an Indian plug. Like the three of us created some sort of spooky conductor that allowed us, however briefly, to tap into the current.
Perhaps all of this would be purer if we really were made of wire and steel instead of flesh and bone, but alas we are human after all. And, you guys are a welcomed reminder of the beauty of the human form; a glimpse of God's handiwork........living art.
For me, it's easy to get lost in the brush strokes and forget the painter. But hey, masterpieces aren't crafted over night right?
So here i am now, back into the cloak of my own skin, and i'd be lying if i said it doesn't burn a little. I can feel the heat of the current in the memory of my cells and my ears still buzz with the distant hum of all that is........A......U.......M.......
Be we moon, or human, or plug, or firefly......one thing is for certain. We are all vessels that are meant to hold and carry the light........

Thank you for the phenomenal energy..........i feel so recharged.
Missing you both already.
namaste,
lyndsey



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 99; dbt: 0.1021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb