Naggar Castle


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Manali
July 14th 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,
Nothing much to report here i am afraid. We changed hotels today as the group decided to stay in a rubbish hotel for a bit and then save up for a real nice one for a few days. Its a lovely place that we will stay in eventually as they have already booked it. This afternoon we took a bus ride to Naggar castle which is 10 minutes away. Oops silly me i was using Indian time i meant A BLOOMIN' ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!! well 2 hours. I have to say probably not the kind of castle that i would want to fend off intruders. instead of the robust materials and design of a normal castle they had decided to use carved wood and it was about 10 foot tall. I assume the whole idea was to baffel the intruders. Maybe they ran up the hill screaming and shouting ready to kill everyone in it when the commander stopped, turned to his troops and said ' yeah we could kill them all but look at the craftsmanship on that cross beam. it would be a loss to the world.' They would all apologise and go back down the mountain. Seriously though it was a fantastic place to visit. some of the challengers were not too impressed as the 2k walk up there drained them.

That was pretty much it for today to be honest. We are off to the natural springs tomorrow so we can have a nice soak and a massage in the hot climate. Ahhhhh.

Could i also please reiterate two things
1) If you have any requests concerning the trip that you contact world challenge or Sue Cowans.
2) Please could you not use the contacts sheet as a reference to call others. It is soley there for passing on information regarding arrival back at Philip Morant school. It will not be used to pass on information regarding the challengers welfare. If there is a problem with a challenger then the parents will be contacted directly by Myselfd, Sue Cowans or world challenge. You will not receive an email. It will be a telephone call

Thank you for your co operation.

See you tomorrow. All relaxed and de stressed. get ready.....and unwind
Speak soon
Nick

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb