Bonkers at Patnem


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Patnem
March 15th 2008
Published: March 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

chillin at Bonkers...chillin at Bonkers...chillin at Bonkers...

Lex and Robert
Patnem Beach happened to us as a stroke of luck. After the sauna-circus we came out to discover that we'd missed the last bus to Gokarna, and so decided to just head to Palolem/Patnem. On the way, we overheard a conversation with a young ex-pat who seemed to know the area, and directed us towards quieter Patnem, as well as the cheapest of beach huts... This is basically how we ended up for the next 5 days at "Bonkers" . This beach shack hosted some fantastic multi-cuisine in a laid back, easy-going atmosphere with some of the best service we'd found in all of India. Lex quickly made a new Indian boyfriend in her personal waiter, Sanjiv, who doted on her hand and foot...
Originally from Washington State, the ex-pat, whom we later came to know as Robert, now lives and works in Delhi as an academic editor. Together with his equally congenial friend Souki, they were some of the most enjoyable and entertaining folks we'd met in India. The 3 of us had quite a time in the week we spent there, including a raucous Valentines night, exploring all the interesting and delicious variety of beach restaurants, exquisite corpse drawing, fumbling, clumsy body-surfing, "Silent Noise" all-night outdoor headphone party, and a day-trip to Butterfly "Island" (which was really just a rocky landmass connected to Palolem, housing heaps of languid sea cucumbers aka. "sea doodies")...
We had such an amazing, fulfilling time in those few days, we agreed to truncate our South Indian trip a few days so that we might spend some time back in Delhi with Robert and Souki, with the understanding that they would do their best to amend our wretched first-impression of Dirty Delhi...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

sea haute couturesea haute couture
sea haute couture

Lex & Robert


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb