Arrival in Panjim


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Panaji
March 2nd 2008
Published: March 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Once again, a taxi to the next place in Goa was first on the bill! We had breakfast at the hotel and set off!

We arrived in Panjim (Goa's capital) with a little confusion. The taxi driver had dropped us at a different church to the one we had intended! Bags on back, sweating and still hungry, we aimlessly walked around for a few minutes until the mistake was realised. Not wanting to repeat the 'how much stuff can you fit in a rickshaw' game, we sucked it in and walked to the area of interest. As I was about to faint, I was left with the bags while Mark and Ollie were set the task of finding the hotel. I hope this will be the last time they are left alone!

I was still drinking my second coffee, (so they hadnt gone long) when they returned with a strange look. Not one i want to see again!

The room was approximately 10x8 foot; hot; and the neighbour (for which we could hear every word he said because the dividing wall was half cement, half chicken wire) was in essence either; the drug lord of clapham, a schizophrenic; a complete nutter; or all the above. We had to listen to rants and raves, drug busts, murders all night! Maybe I was naive, I didnt realise the hotel price came with entertainment.

However, it was Sunday, and being of Portugese influence, the city had shut down. So after a few leisurely strolls and a bus booked for Mangalore the following evening, some had a 40p Thali for dinner (Mark and Ollie), others had to settle for the more bland soup!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb