Goa Part 2


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
March 31st 2006
Published: April 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well what can I say as we head towards another stunning beach - it's a hard life but someone has to do it and it might as well be us... A couple of hours later in a taxi we arrive at Palolem Beach in south Goa.
The beach itself is set in a bay with a rocky headland at either end and in between are countless palm trees and beautiful soft sand - oh and of course a thousand or so beach huts and bars. The huts vary in price from about 200 rupees a day to over a thousand, we opted for a hut with a bathroom for 800 which turned out to be a very wise investment...
The atmosphere in Palolem was quite a bit different from Anjuna and a lot livelier although it was only a few hours away and we knew as soon as we got there we were going to have a good time. However all did not start well. On one of our first days there we went for lunch at quite a posh place called Bridge and Tunnel which had a restaurant overlooking the entire beach and as we were near the sea we opted for seafood - big mistake. The next morning both myself and Suzanne took it turns to pass the bucket and go to the toilet in shifts - I don’t want to imagine what it would have been like if we opted for the cheaper huts without a bathroom but I will say is it would have been very messy indeed. Anyway, 24 hours later and we both start to feel a lot better and even more importantly our bodies have managed to contain food and liquids so all is back to normal.
There was also a good mixture of people in Palolem and not just from the UK and there seemed to a party going off somewhere every night that continued on until the very small hours - infact on the way home you had to avoid the early morning fisherman pulling in the nets while it was still dark otherwise you would be on your @rse pretty quickly. Another thing you had to avoid at night was the packs of wild dogs on the beach, while they were timid and mainly sleeping all day at night when it was a lot cooler they hunted in packs which could be quite daunting on your own surrounded by growling muts… where did I put my big stick…
Anyway the rest of the week was once again pretty uneventful as we just chilled on the beach and swam in the beautiful water as once again we have to decide on what adventure to take next - next stop Kerrala and the beautiful backwaters…




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb