Freezing our butts off


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
February 15th 2010
Published: February 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Had to be up and out of our room for 10. Spent the day between our restaurant and the internet cafe. Settled our guesthouse bill which came to around 3600Rs (about 45GBP) for 3 days accommodation and food,
9 big bottles of water
7 teas
1 potato egg salad
1 tuna salad
2 veg noodles
5 porridge with fruit
5 lemon juices
5 diet cokes
3 pancakes with fruit
2 veg lasagne
2 chips
1 baked tattie
2 rum and cokes
1 veg sweet and sour with rice
1 veg cashew nut curry
2 naans
1 rice

bargain! Got rickshaw (potentially the scariest one yet) to bus place and were told bus would be half hour later than planned so I decided I needed to find a loo, bad idea! On finding the station loos there was a queue, one Indian woman decided she couldn't wait any longer and just started weeing outside the toilet block. Half the cubicles had no doors anyway. After getting into a soaking wet (the tap had been left on) squat cubicle I felt sick to my stomach to see something twitching on the floor in front of me, I looked round to see a scared looking lizard minus his tail....OMG it was his tail flapping in the pool in front of me, poor little fella.

Our sleeper bus arrived and it was quite odd though comfy. We had a kinda double wooden cubicle which consisted of a foam mattress with a 'lovely' vinyl brown sheet over it. I was worried about bed bugs but we weren't bitten. We may even have managed to get some sleep had it not been for the fact that our windows wouldn't close so instead we just lay frozen for about 7hrs.

On the plus side the bus stopped really close to where we'd booked so within a short rickshaw ride we were in our beach hut restaurant with a hot cuppa and brekkie waiting for our room to be ready. This place is stunning, right on the beach, we've got our own little veranda, a big comfy nice smelling bed, a decent fan and the restaurant does good food. Time for sleep....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb