Templed out


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Hampi
February 14th 2010
Published: February 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Had a more lesuirely approach to the day today. Got up and sauntered to our guesthouses rooftop cafe for brekkie at around 10. As we'd done the further away temples yesterday it meant today we could just have an explore round those closeby. Still spent a good 3hrs walking, climbing and taking pics. It was more relaxing than yesterday but still roasting hot. Think we've had our fill of temples for now!

Took some pics of cows as they're everywhere and although not the prettiest of creatures I thought being in India it was only right I got a few snaps of them! We saw some gorgeous tabby kittens on the way back to our place and spent 5mins awwwing at them.

Ate tea and were joined by Dan, Corinne, Matt and Naomi. The men all had 'special cokes' or 'lemon cokes' as our establishment likes to refer to them aka rum! As this area is very religious there is supposed to be no drink or chicken sold but we've sussed out that there is also a black market for chicken with menus stating items such as c-noodle soup - very stealth hahah. We sat for a couple of hours chatting, we're all leaving tomorrow but in all different directions.

Rob and I both struggled to get to sleep, probably due to the heat and the uncomfy bed and the amount of cheese that had been in our lasagne ;-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0153s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb