2nd day at Palolem


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
November 5th 2008
Published: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The 2nd morning we rose early in the morning and decided to have a toast in a nearby restaurant in the Palolem market. We ate at this place thrice but unfortunately I do not remember the name of the restaurant. It is right in the Palolem market with nice music playing. THe waiter was nice and smiled all the time.

This 2nd day, after having a sumptuous breakfast, it was the time to FEEL the Palolem waters. We Indians have a tendency of wearing way too much and looking over sophisticated all the time. I just had a payjama and nothing else. I purchased two bermudas from the Palolem market.

After getting ready, it was the time to step into the water. The soft sand of the Palolem beach and the clear waters were an invitation which couldn't be resisted for long. I plunged into the water and swam for about 30 minutes. Not only my body but the soul also felt the sea. The Palolem beach is very safe for people like me who are quite new to swimming. The waves roared pass and I went inside them.

I came out after half an hour and then we started walking on the beach. We went till the southern end where a small pool was formed by the side of a rocky terrain. This was a nice relaxing place and it was written "YOGA" on the rocks. Someone seems to be running a yoga center there. From the back side of those rocks is a path that goes towards the Patnem beach via columb bay.

Many tourists were enjoying a walk on the beach at that time. We then traveled to the northern end which has the estuary formed out of a river which meets the sea at the Palolem beach. The butterfly island is quite well visible from the Northern end of the beach and you can swim across when the tide is low.

We also spotted a couple of boats tied using a hanger. A big fish boat was ready to take us to the butterfly island.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb