Meeting Gaurav and the Palolem beach


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
November 4th 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was just an awesome experience. After meeting this person, I thought I've met a Friend whom I've talked to, many times before as well. We reached at around 5 oclock and were welcomed by the staff at the Om Sai guest house. We were quite amazed with the speed with which they installed all the required items in our room. Asmita and me decided to have a short siesta before going out, but never felt like laying down.

At round 6, we moved out of the room, said a hi to Gaurav and his brother and then headed to see the Palolem beach, a glimpse of which was awaited since I decided to visit Goa about 2 months back. We turned towards the right from the guest house. And we were approaching it. The Palolem sea was becoming visible. we were almost there. A cramped marketplace that was just getting ready for the season with many shacks and shops coming up. These people get licenses every year and then demolish them at the end of the season again.

Just towards the end of the market was a huge lamp post and the path climbed down about 2-3 steps. We had our first glimpses of the BEAUTIFUL Palolem beach. The sea was looking quiet but was hitting the shore with small waves. The waters were blue, real blue and we could not resist but just go inside them. We enjoyed the beach for about half an hour and then decided to eat something.

We went at the beachside in Dropadi's. A nice restaurant but the service was very poor. The food though turned out to be quite worth the wait. We ordered a prawn curry with rice and biryani and some mocktails. Turned out that we had a sumptuous meal. we also had a fruit overload and a fig choice at the nearby Baskin Robbins, YUMMY!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb