Walk to Patnem and the beauty of Palolem continues


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
December 23rd 2008
Published: December 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Knowing too little is a cause of worry and not taking cues from what you see is a big trouble. The Patnem beach was almost 5 kms away from the Palolem market. Someone told us that it is "nearby". We just started walking the next afternoon after having our lunch at the Le Grand residency in Palolem. Not a recommendable restaurant from the food wuality perspective. The prawns looked stale and the fruit pancake was so-so. Though, the seating was nice and impressive with the restaurant on the first floor.

The walk till Patnem turned out to be an excruciating one. We kept on walking after turing to the right from the Cleopatra resorts. The road was a never ending one. Travelers kept whistling past us on bikes and in cars. We walked in the hope that beach will be visible soon, mistaking every remote sound with that of a sea wave thud. We also came across the Luke's residence which seems like a nice secluded place, though is too far both from the Patnem beach as well as the Palolem beach.

Asmita was too tired walking and so was I, but I just kept on egging her to move on. After a walk for more than an hour we finally managed to see the turn towards the Patnem beach. At the turn was the Sea View Patnem with a main building which housed a restaurant and cottages. Seemes quite nice though could not comment upon the quality as did not had a deeper look.

The Patnem beach was nice though not clean. The season had just sort of begun for beaches oether than Palolem and there was cow dung, rubbish and Palm leaves scattered all ove rthe beach. Not a great view for a beach that deserves much more talking and love. We just stayed for a couple of minutes and took the rickshaw back to Palolem which cost us Rs. 50. That night we ate at Little Italy. The pizzas were nice and quite tasty. After all that misadventure of walking that long we wanted to had a sound sleep on the really cozy beds of our favorite Palolem accommodation - Om Sai Guest House. Gaurav had a chat with me for some time and wanted to know from me how was I feeling being in goa. I said - Life is in Goa. Palolem has captivated me and now I want to feel it more. He asked me to feel other parts nearby including Agonda and Rajbagh. More on that later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb