Goa: Part 1....Our first few days in India...!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Calangute
September 19th 2013
Published: September 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So... this is our fourth day here on the Goan coast and so far it's been quite rainy, although we were prepared to arrive at the tail end of the monsoons. Although this is one of the more touristy areas of Goa - and of India in general, we have only seen a very small number of non Indian tourists, so it has been nice to see Goa at it's normal pace. We've explored the beach - with its many hawkers - and the market place, bartering for anklets, purses and trousers and eating traditional vegetable Goan curries which are delicious! We've been staying at Estrela Do Mar hotel which has been a nice haven over the past few days with a pool outside our room - which the other Indian guests like to use very early in the morning! - and very good restaurant which serves a variety of delicious food and drinks. I tried the local coconut fenni - with a bit of soda it's lovely 😊 time to plan our next leg of the journey - from Goa to Kerela starting on Monday...!! Bye for now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb